What is Zesterra?
Zesterra is an all-natural supplement designed to support horses during times of stress, such as hauling, heavy training, foaling and during times of extreme heat or cold.
Zesterra is safe for all classes of horses including lactating mares and foals.
Zesterra stimulates appetite and water consumption safely and naturally by balancing the pH of the stomach. It can be used as a flavor enhancer for horses that reject water from new sources when being hauled to new destinations.
- Horses with Active Ulcers or Symptoms: 10ml orally AM and PM for 14 days and then reduce to 10ml once a day for 14 Days. Move to a 5ml maintenance dose daily thereafter. When these horses come under stress give 10ml prior to the event (riding, hauling, weather change, environment change).
- Older Horses/Hard Keepers: 10ml orally for 10 days followed by 5ml daily until desired weight is achieved. Once desired weight is achieved, move them to the “wellness” dose of 10ml two to three times per week.
- Ulcer Prone Horses/Horses in Rigorous Training: Follow the same protocol as outlined above for Horses with Active Ulcers.
- Respiratory Infections/Shipping Fever: 10ml orally daily until symptoms (cough, fever) subside. If antibiotics are prescribed, a daily dose of 10ml should be used for at least 10 days past the last dose of antibiotics.
- Environmental Stress (Extreme Heat, Cold or Disease Outbreak): Give a 10 ml dose orally prior to changes in weather or disease outbreak.
- Colic: Give 50ml orally at the onset of colic. You may use up to 100mls. Please contact your veterinarian if colic persists.
- Hauling: All horses: 10ml orally the day before leaving and every day while away from home.
What is in it?
Mineral water, corn oil, guar gum, orange extract, onion extract, soybean oil, glycerin, vegetable based fatty acids, natural apple flavoring
- 250 ML ... $70.00 ($2.70/10 ML dose)
- 500 ML ... $125.00 ($2.50/10 ML dose)
- Half Gal ... $350.00 ($1.86/10 ML dose)
- 1 Gal ... $700.00 ($1.86/10 ML dose)